INSTITUTIONAL SALES - IMPACT INVESTING (PART-TIME)
Do you have experience in fund raising in asset management? Would you like to align your values with your day today work? And do you want to contribute to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) before 2030 and help large institutional investors find market returns impact investment funds?
Then read further…
Who we are
Phenix Capital is an Amsterdam and London-based investment consultant that is dedicated to connect impact with capital. We support European institutional investors with the development and implementation of impact and sustainable development investing strategies. Aside from providing investment consulting services, we also strive to educate institutional investors with our flagship conference Impact Summit Europe, the leading impact investing conference for institutional investors.
Our vision is to contribute to a better world by closing the SDG financing gap with invested institutional capital.
Our mission is to accelerate the flow of capital from institutional investors to investments which create a social and environmental impact next to financial in developed & emerging markets across all asset classes. We are committed to matching the needs of sophisticated institutional investors with scalable impact and sustainable development strategies.
Next to advisory services, Phenix Capital is acting as a third party marketer in the Netherlands and in Europe for a selected and limited number of scalable, impact fund managers in Europe who fit the need of our investor base and have an institutional suitability.
We’re looking for an experienced sales specialist that will be tasked with engaging with institutional investors:
- Responsible for driving fund placement in terms of assets and revenue growth
- Build and execute a fund raising plan for each retained fund to raise assets and drive significant revenue growth by identifying and cultivating prospects and existing clients.
- Execute on AUM and revenue growth goals with new and existing impact fund managers (across asset class)
- Organize and participate in road shows with Fund Managers in the Netherlands and in Europe
- Effectively manage the sales opportunity process from prospect identification and development through closing sales opportunities and periodic reporting to fund managers
- Develop relationships with European institutions to effectively promote impact investing as part of the institutional portfolio
- Effectively relay market intelligence and demand trends to the rest of the Phenix Capital team to improve our impact advisory services and marketing of the Impact summit.
- Engage with existing and new investors in the Netherlands and in Europe, effectively manage the fund pipeline and participate in the impact events and convenings hosted by Phenix Capital
- Knowledge of the industry, fund and investor landscape in Europe
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus and any additional languages are welcomed
- You are convinced that investments contributing to fighting climate change, reducing poverty and inequality should be part of each institutional portfolio
- You are an networker and get excited when you hear the words “let’s give them a call!’’
- You are service and client-oriented: you listen and understand the needs of your clients – you have a proven ability to serve clients needs
- Ability to maintain client related information within CRM database – team worker
- You are both a strategic thinker and a tactical doer
- Don’t bring your ego at work and enjoy working in a team
- Are a fast learner and can multitask
- Adhere to our values: team work, honesty, ethical behavior and integrity
- Are committed to making a difference in society with your financial skills
- Enjoy working in a flexible, ambitious and fast growing international environment
- Relevant experience in finance, private equity, venture capital or asset management: portfolio management, investor relations, fund sales and/or sales support in different asset classes
- Degree in finance or business. CFA or CAIA qualifications are a strong plus.
- Knowledge or strong interest in impact investing is a MUST
- Managed relationships with investors or fund managers
- Compensation package including basic fixed and variable commission
- Extensive pipeline of impact funds
- Strong network of (impact) investors
- Flexible working environment – part time job
- Represent the company in industry events and conferences
- Join an international, collaborative and experienced team that is committed to changing the face of finance through impact investing
- A nice office in the financial center of Amsterdam
Interested? We would love to hear from you.
The position is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, therefore applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Sophie Robé at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Institutional Sales position.